Sunday 6 May 2012

Perigee moon today

The tide seems a bit higher than usual today.  This evening brings us the perigee moon.   That's when the moon's orbit is at its closest point to the Earth.  We are visiting Galway this weekend for the bank holiday.  There are pretty little pink flowers that grow by the water line by the house.  I am told these flowers are extremely salt tolerant.  I sure hope so!  The tide today is way up past the usual line, and I'm afraid these poor little flowers were submerged by the high tide.


We took a little walk and found new calves resting by their mothers.


Here the tide is coming up the little beach.  Galway Bay is beyond.

Tonight's full moon, courtesy of my awesomer half and her amazing Nikon Coolpix P7100.  This camera rocks!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful pictures! Wish I could be there with you.

    ReplyDelete